Indigenous Bursary Program
CIC funds the Indigenous Bursary Program. The program was renewed for a 2nd five-year term in fall 2019.
Eligible Indigenous students that attend the following schools can apply:
- University of Saskatchewan,
- University of Regina,
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic,
- Lakeland College; and
- Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies (SIIT).
Eligible students may receive $2,500 per semester or $5,000 per academic year for a full bursary.
To be eligible for the bursaries, students must:
- Be of self-declared Indigenous ancestry (includes Status First Nation, Non-Status First Nation, Métis or Inuit);
- Be a Saskatchewan resident for at least the past 12 months;
- Achieve satisfactory academic standing in completed post-secondary studies;
- Be registered in at least 12 credit hours per semester; and
- Maintain a 70 per cent average.
How to Apply?
Visit the websites for application information:
*Under the Keywords Search tab, enter ‘CIC Indigenous Student Award’.
*Login as a registered User or login as a Guest and search: ‘CIC Indigenous Bursary’
Students need to fill out the general online application first in order to be eligible for the CIC Indigenous Bursary.