CIC is the holding company for Saskatchewan's commercial Crowns as well as one subsidiary fund. CIC is responsible for:
- Providing Crowns with guidance and direction to align with government priorities,
- Implementing public policy programs and initiatives,
- Ensuring the Crown sector has strong governance, disclosure and transparency, and accountability,
- Monitoring sector financial results to support a balanced budget as well as a return for Saskatchewan people, and
- Supporting Crown boards as they oversee the management of the Crowns.