December 21, 2006
Three new members will join the five current members who are being reappointed to the Saskatchewan Rate Review Panel, effective January 1, 2007. Meanwhile, the Panel's mandate has been extended to the end of 2009.
"The Rate Review Panel plays a valuable role in providing independent advice to Government about the fairness and reasonableness of proposed rate changes by SaskPower, SaskEnergy and the Auto Fund administered by SGI," Crown Investments Corporation Minister Maynard Sonntag said.
"The new members we are appointing to the Panel will complement the skills and experience of the members who have accepted reappointments. The introduction of staggered terms for members will allow us to continue to renew the Panel on a regular basis."
The new make-up of the Panel (* denotes new member), including their terms of service, is as follows:
• *Alison Renny, Saskatoon, chair - December 31, 2009
• Pamela Smith, Regina, vice-chair - December 31, 2008
• *Robert Bundon, Prince Albert - December 31, 2009
• Jo-Ann Carignan-Vallee, Assiniboia - December 31, 2007
• *Louis Gardiner, Ile A La Crosse - December 31, 2009
• Bernadette Garrett, Landis - December 31, 2008
• Joan Meyer, Swift Current - December 31, 2007
• Linda Thauberger, Regina - December 31, 2008
The outgoing chair of the Panel, Boris Kishchuk, and vice-chair Jack Boan, did not seek reappointment.
"I would like to thank Mr. Kishchuk and Mr. Boan for their service to the people of Saskatchewan," Sonntag said.
The Panel is nearing completion of its report and recommendations on SaskPower's proposed system-wide average rate increase of 4.3 per cent. The Panel will present its report to the Crown Investments Corporation Minister on January 11, 2007. Government will then make the final decision on the proposed rate change, including the effective date for the change.
For More Information, contact:
Crown Investments Corporation
Phone: (306) 787-5889